Model Alliance - Associate Director
The Model Alliance is seeking an Associate Director to serve as the trusted right hand to the Executive Director. The position will be full-time and hands-on, with hope and expectation of room for growth.
About the Model Alliance
The Model Alliance is a New York-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that promotes fair treatment, equal opportunity, and sustainable practices in the fashion industry, from the runway to the factory floor. By assisting models and other stakeholders in understanding the laws applicable to them, and by encouraging them to have a voice in their work, the Model Alliance identifies common areas of concern in the fashion industry, conducts strategic research with leading research institutions to inform policy initiatives, and educates the industry and the public about our core issues.
- Serve as a key member of the Model Alliance’s team and act as a thought partner to the Executive Director on all aspects of the organization's work.
- Maintain and develop donor relations and fundraising strategies, including assisting in drafting and preparing grant applications, renewals, and new relationships;
- Draft communications, including press releases, newsletters, and advocacy materials;
- Manage and direct Model Alliance Support, an online support system;
- Strategize and help execute next steps for programs, legislative initiatives, and events;
- Build a culture of active participation with volunteers, partners, and board members.
We’re seeking candidates who are able to multi-task, have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and are trustworthy when dealing with sensitive information. You should have:
- Experience in organizing for labor, community, or other nonprofit organizations;
- Experience providing strategic support at the executive level;
- Experience in fundraising or willingness to learn fundraising;
- Experience with victim-services work, in a professional or volunteer capacity, OR willingness to receive such training;
- Experience in using social media as a tool for advocacy and community building;
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of relevant software;
Knowledge of labor and employment policy issues and prior experience in the modeling and/or fashion industry are both plusses, but are not requirements.
The salary range for the position of Associate Director is $50,000 - $60,000 annually. Compensation depends on experience, and is commensurate with comparable positions in other similarly sized nonprofit organizations.
As soon as possible. Ideally September 2020, negotiable.
New York metro area strongly preferred.
How to Apply
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application - Associate Director” and include your cover letter, resume, and two writing samples (including but not limited to grant proposals, policy memos, press releases, newsletters, reports, or advocacy materials). Qualified candidates will then be contacted for interviews. Due to the high volume of expected applicants, we do not foresee being able to respond or give feedback to all applicants.
The Model Alliance is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and national origins to apply.